Job Posting – Social Work Manager
The candidate should possess skills in working with an interdisciplinary team in an effort to oversee case management for our clients. The Social Work department at Hope plays a key role in coordinating and communicating among programs to facilitate and advocate access for clients to the services they need.
Schedule: 20 hours
Days/Hours: To be determined in collaboration with supervisor.
- Provide administrative supervision of case managers, patient advocates, and volunteers
- Establish and/or maintain systems and protocols to help increase clients awareness of resources available within the community as well as at Hope.
- Help identify and overcome barriers to service (i.e., transportation, health education, job opportunities, language, etc).
- Maintain accurate, organized and confidential client records.
- Track and report program activity including number of patient encounters, number of resources accessed, and other appropriate statistics as required by Hope’s Board and funders.
- Represent Hope at Barrier Busters, Coordinated Funding and other community meetings as needed. Communicate information gained to appropriate staff members.
- Conduct patient-centered psychosocial assessments and crisis counseling as needed
- Assist clients in applying for and accessing appropriate services as needed.
- Outreach and collaboration with area organizations that work with safety net populations; such as CSTS, PORT, St. Joes, UMHS, Prescription for Health, Catholic Social Services, Food Gatherers, etc.
- Oversee case management, health education, and chronic disease self-care management education services and support
- High level of knowledge of area resources
- Possess expertise in Health Insurance and systems, i.e., ACA, Medicaid, Medicare, WHP, Social Security Income and Social Security Disability and DHHS Food Stamps, etc. and attend training as necessary
- Client assistance and attainment of Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs (PAP)
- Maintain/access data base management for individual case management
- Organize and oversee social events and programs; men’s and women’s nights, Easter, Back to School, Christmas adoption
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Licensed MSW preferred, but not required
- High level knowledge of basic computer software, Word, Excel, Quick Base, Practice Fusion
Persons interested in the position should email a cover letter and resume to HR Manager, Anne Marie Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org .