Job Posting -Patient Advocate – Hope Clinic Wayne
Job Description: Patient Advocate who will assist with health insurance enrollment, food and medication assistance, and health and wellness education. We are looking for someone who is committed to advocating for patients and to providing direct assistance.
Schedule: approx. 12 hours
- Serve Hope patients who may be eligible for health plan coverage such as Washtenaw Health Plan to enroll in the appropriate program and seek services at other clinical sites, Inc.
- Assist with enrollment in Medicare, MI Child, Healthy Kids, Plan First, MOMS or other appropriate programs
- Provide capacity-building skills to patients to complete forms, anticipate re-enrollment deadlines, and consume health care appropriately;
- Help patient remove barriers to healthcare by providing community resources for patients
- Maintain accurate, organized, and confidential patient advocacy records;
- Administer direct assistance services including assessing need, determining the level of assistance Hope can provide, and coordinating with other agencies to make referrals to other agencies or organizations as appropriate.
- Help develop or refine clear, easy to read materials, including but not limited to: checklists of items needed for insurance and Healthy MI enrollment, and a simple handout on options for low-cost or free medication.
- Participate in development and operation of Hope Wellness Programs. This includes: creating programs, support groups, tracking outcomes and overall management.
- Attend and contribute to the monthly Social W Staff meetings to develop common service delivery and reporting tools and enhance collaboration and communication between Hope Clinic and other medical services
- A commitment to advocate for patients and to provide direct assistance in getting the necessary services/health coverage for which they are eligible
- Ability to work independently, and as part of an outreach team of other patient advocates
- Demonstrated ability to build effective partnerships with organizations, and to develop courteous, reliable and trusting relationships with patients
- Ability to use Windows-based computing systems and establish online and paper-based systems to enroll patients in needed services and maintain patient records
- Strong organizational abilities to successfully case-manage and maintain program records.
- Experience directing others
- BA or commensurate experience
- Experience with CHAMPS is a plus.
Persons interested in the position should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .