Hope Clinic depends on donations to the food pantry and other programs to help us meet the needs of our clients.
All collected items can be delivered to the front desk of Hope Center at 518 Harriet St., Ypsilanti on Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 – 5:00.
Below are some guidelines for collections and donations.
Please contact Mary Dekker at 734-484-2989 x215 or email@example.com for food, personal care/household, and baby care donations.
Some things to remember:
- Items with a long shelf life and “kid-friendly” foods are always welcome.
- All non-perishable food items are gladly accepted, but in our quest to offer healthier foods, we especially appreciate nonperishable selections made from whole grains and items low in sodium and sugars.
- Specific food suggestions include:
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Hearty soups
- Canned tuna and chicken
- Peanut butter and other nut and seed butters
- Brown rice
- Breakfast cereal
- Spices and spice blends (low sodium)
- We do not need the “commercial” size cans or containers of food, but we can use all other sizes.
- Donations typically drop off between June and September so a food drive during these months is especially helpful.
There are many ways to tailor your drive to your target group when you organize a collection:
- Have a Sunday school class collect just peanut butter and jelly
- Suggest guests at a baby shower bring cans of formula
- Hand out grocery bags with a short list of items to fill the bag with
- Put a box with a list of needed items at the back of your church
Personal Hygiene and Household Items
Personal hygiene and household products are not available with food stamps. We try to stock essential items most commonly requested by clients, including:
- toilet paper
- shampoo and conditioner
- men’s shaving kits
- feminine hygiene products
- laundry detergent
- dish soap
- household cleaning products (e.g. Comet, PineSol, etc.)
- diapers, especially sizes 4, 5 and 6
- formula, especially Enfamil (yellow can) or store brand equivalent
- baby food
WASH WITH CARE
Hope Center has free laundry facilities available to families in need. Donations of powdered High-Efficiency (HE) laundry detergent and fabric softener sheets are always welcome.
- Soft-bristle adult and child toothbrushes
- Dental floss
Please contact the Medical Clinic at 734-481-0111 ext. 108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify that we are able to accept your donation. Please DO NOT bring donations to the clinic that you have not had approved, as we do not always have the resources to process/store the quantity of donations received.
Needed items include:
- In-date and sealed medications (except narcotics and other scheduled medications)
- Blood Pressure Cuffs
- Automatic Blood Pressure Machines
- Safety Needles of all sizes with or without syringes
- Blue pads
- Small bandages and gauze
- Small procedure trays
The Medical Clinic cannot accept:
- Expired or unsealed medications, including those in pharmacy bottles that may never have been used but are not sealed
- Clinic supplies inconsistent with our practice, such as IV tubing, catheters, surgical bandages/abdominal pads
- Custom-made equipment which cannot be properly fit to another patient (e.g. boots)
- Durable goods such as wheelchairs, walkers, toilet risers, C-Pap and Bi-pap machines, pumps, beds
- Soiled items
Some other ways to help:
- Financial contributions are always welcome to help support our operating expenses. Click here to donate now.
- Gift cards ($10 to $25 range) for Gordon Food Service, Target, and Meijer’s help support our programs
- Office supplies
- Up-to-date, gently used computers and office equipment