Home > Social Services
In addition to medical and dental care to uninsured children and adults, Hope Clinic offers a number of social service programs that help address emergency and basic needs. These programs are a critical part of Hope's mission to "minister to the whole person". They are open to all who need the services and are not limited to medical and dental clinic patients. In 2013 at Hope:
- We served 5,826 hot meals
- Over 152,000 pounds of emergency groceries were provided
- 232 individuals received over $13,000 in Direct Support
- 230 households washed and dried 5,448 loads of laundry
- Over 16,054 non-food personal items were given out of our Care and Share Closet
- Download our brochure here.
Hope Clinic's Food Programs include:
- Food Bank - providing emergency food to families in need
- For food assistance, call 734-961-3124, at 9:30 a.m.:
- Monday morning for an appointment on Wednesday between 1 and 4 p.m.
- Wednesday morning for an appointment on Friday between 9 a.m. and 12 Noon
- Thursday morning for an appointment on Saturday between 10 a.m. and 12 Noon
- Weekend Meal Program - serves hot meals to the hungry and homeless every Saturday and Sunday from 4 to 5 p.m. at Hope Center, 518 Harriet Street, Ypsilanti, MI. All are welcome.
Hope Clinic's Basic and Emergency Needs Programs include:
- Wash With Care Program - provides a place for low income individuals and families to do their laundry at no charge.
- Call 734-961-3124, Friday mornings at 9:30 am, for an appointment during the following week. Slots fill up quickly.
- Care and Share Closet - provides basic necessities such as personal care items, household cleaning supplies, and household goods.
- Care and Share items may be requested on Friday afternoon from 2 to 4 p.m., or when picking up food.
- Financial Assistance Program - provides limited financial help for prescription co-pays, transportation to medical appointments or help with other emergency financial needs.
- Baby Care - provides emergency diapers and formula as available.
- Walk-in on Thursday afternoons from 2 to 4 p.m. No appointment necessary.
top of page